Thursday, September 11, 2008

The FashionHow Report -Lights, Camera, Fashion!


Shouts of "Where are my shoes", "Ladies you have five minutes", and "Can someone help me" are still ringing in my ears from Saturday's International Designers Show. While upstairs a high energy show went off without a hitch, downstairs chaos rained down like the late afternoon showers that luckily held off long enough for guests to arrive dry. Between helping models get dressed and undressed, accounting for a pair of very expensive shoes, and seating people in a somewhat orderly fashion, I couldn't tell you what went down the runway in what order. Honestly, as I look back on everything all I see is a blur of clothes, girls, hair and shouting. It all began with assembling rolling racks and helping designers unpack, while the models sat in hair and make-up. At some point I changed clothes, began seating people and was pulled away to help sort out a mess with a pair of gold shoes and was left feeling like Alice when she fell down the rabbit hole. Eventually things did die down and I was able to rest my aching feet before helping to pack and straighten up before going home to sleep for twelve hours. At the end of it all I'm still amazed I made it through my first fashion week experience with nary a blister. I'm sorry I didn't get to see the full effect of the clothes on the runway, since I hear everything looked awesome, but then again that's what video was invented for. Now that the show is over, I'm waiting to see what other fun surprises fashion week has in store for me. By Anastassia Simon


















No comments: