Friday, January 4, 2008

FASHIONHOW MAKES DREAMS COME TRUE.

16 year old Ana Maria Lawson , winner of the FASHIONHOW New Faces Search in Washington recently took her prize trip to New York where she was a big hit.

Check out her pictures and read what Ana had to say about her trip.

Ana Maria backstage


backstage with Vanessa Evelyn


Alisha Trimble



OPEN LETTER FROM: ANA MARIA

My name is Ana Maria Lawson, I'm 16 years old and a MODEL.

Last March my Father and I along with some of our fellow "DC Fashionista" Members, attended a fashionHOW.com Program. It started as an informational seminar for my Father (who is also my Personal Manager ) and myself to become more aware of the do's and don'ts of the fashion industry in New York City. While we attended the seminar, we met with all the Agency and Magazine Representatives who were present, and learned how to get prepared for that "on the go" lifestyle.

There was also a contest going on for the New Faces Division. At the end of the seminar I was announced as the female winner! I was ecstatic!

I won the privilege of getting an all expenses paid trip to New York, and a chance to meet with the top casting agents and magazines like Cosmo Girl and Lucky Magazine. But the biggest prize of all was having the honor to, "walk the Runway" in the Brooklyn Fashion Week runway shows. I Modeled clothes for many of the Designers that were part of this event, on what was the longest runway I had ever been on. The tent, the lights, all the photographers & the great Make-Up-Artist, VANESSA EVELYN ( thank you ). I felt like I was going to explode from all the excitement! I will return to New York in Feb. 2008 to participate in the "NEW YORK FASHION WEEK " shows with all the Top Designers!!

To me, this was like a dream come true thanks to the Founder of fashionHOW.com, CHRISTIE DINHAM.

However great this experience was, it was not the end of the excitement. As soon as we were home from New York, it was time for the Miss Maryland Teen U.S.A. Pageant. So I had to come home to quickly pack and get everything necessary for the pageant. I was very excited with being Blessed to be able to go from one event to another.

I was truly hoping and praying that all my hard work and dedication would pay off and would take the title of Miss Maryland Teen U.S.A. and surely I did. I am now Miss Maryland Teen U.S.A., 2008. I have a full year ahead of me for being the "Official Teen Spokes Person" for the great State of Maryland AND still excited from working with fashionHOW.com !!

So far in my life, I have received many of the things I have needed and wanted. I feel like the luckiest girl in the whole world. I will always be grateful to my Parents for all their help and NEVER forget to Thank GOD for all He has Blessed me with in my life!

Sincerely, Ana Maria Lawson

No comments: